Our Best Ideas for Holiday Gifts for Your Pet
Leon Valley Veterinary Hospital loves spoiling our personal pets as well as our pet patients. If you are on the hunt for the best gifts for your pet this holiday season, we have a few ideas to share. Let us know what you think!
Best Gifts for Cats
When shopping for the cat who has everything, it may be a little overwhelming. Our staff has some great ideas for the best gifts for your pet, though. Consider the following ideas to make your cat’s holiday purr-fect:
- Bringing the outdoors in — Even cats who spend their days inside can enjoy the stimulation from watching nature. Invest in a screen for your cat to watch feline friendly videos or consider a window bird feeder. A secure perch can also help your cat observe outside. Cat-proof aquariums both fake and real can also be a great choice. You can also channel your inner DIY by planting an indoor garden or building a catio.
- Interactive fun — Interactive and puzzle type toys are a great way to keep your cat engaged and entertained. Whether it be a flopping fish toy, an indoor hunting feeding system, an automatic moving ball, or an interactive moving track toy, your cat is sure to enjoy it!
- Get your scratch on — Paws have claws, and they need to be stretched and maintained. Make sure that your cat has a scratching surface that they really can enjoy. Consider your cat’s preferences (vertical, horizontal, cardboard, rope, wood, carpet) and you are sure to find a cat scratcher that your kitty will enjoy.
- Embracing the future — Modern pet ownership can be so cool. Whether you invest in a new robot litter box, an automated feeding system, or a robotic cat toy, it is sure to make your cat’s holiday merry and bright.
Best Gifts for Dogs
Even if your pup is spoiled, you are sure to find something on our list to treat them this holiday season.
- Clothes never go out of style — A new stylish collar, harness, or leash can be just the ticket for the pooch that has everything. You can also consider a festive sweater, a new set of well-fitted booties for the winter, some snazzy rain gear, or a new safety harness for the car.
- Toys, toys, toys — The Internet is an almost never-ending source of ideas for toys for your dog. Whether you are looking for an interactive option, something to stand up to a tough-chewer, or a cuddly buddy, you are sure to find something. Subscription boxes are also a great option for a gift that keeps giving.
- A new class or activity — Think about signing your dog up for an obedience class to help you bond and give them some mental and social stimulation. For more advanced dogs, getting into agility or rally can also be great options. A membership to a local dog park is also fun for more social pups.
- The luxury of a nap — No one is going to turn down a cozy bed. Pamper your pooch. Choose a snuggly option and put it under the tree.
Of course, our favorite holiday treats for pets also include things that you might not traditionally consider. Have you been putting off that dental cleaning we recommended? Is your pet due for some wellness blood tests? Do you need to invest in heartworm prevention for the year? These things are important for your pet and can be a great idea for those pets that already have everything they could want. Contact us today to see what wellness care items might be appropriate for your little gift recipient!